It is now definitive. The United Kingdom has left the European Union. This brings a great deal of complexity particularly to international trade, including exporting products from EU Member States to the UK and vice versa. We want to make it as transparent as possible for our loyal UK customers what they can expect when placing an order with Laptopwithlinux.com from 1 January 2021.
For customers in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) from 1 January 2021:
- You pay us 20% UK VAT instead of the Dutch (EU) 21% VAT. The VAT rate will be activated once you have entered your country and postcode on the checkout page.
- United Kingdom businesses liable for VAT can if they want, on request, pay laptopwithlinux.com without VAT and pay the VAT on receipt and then reclaim it from HMRC.
- We will arrange and pay import duties and customs clearance fees and remit VAT from orders placed at laptopwithlinux.com to UK Customs. In other words, the price you pay to us is ultimately the total price you pay for the product and delivery. So you do not have to pay any import duties or customs clearance fees upon receipt.
- Because of the customs clearance you can take into account a (possible) delay in delivery time of 1 to 2 business days.
For customers in Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021:
- Customers in Northern Ireland will still pay the 21% Dutch (EU) VAT for the time being (at least until 1 July 2021). Nothing has changed.
- Import duties and customs clearance fees do not apply.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!